Monday, March 28, 2011

Austin Photographie-- A Day With Becca

A little while back my sweet friend Becca came to visit. I told her as her rent for staying with us for a night, she had to let me take photos of her in downtown Austin. Who wouldn't want to? She is gorgeous. Becca is one of the most selfless and humble women I know, and loves Jesus so so passionately.
We walked, talked, laughed, and of course, shopped. 
I asked her to sit in the middle of the sidewalk on Guadalupe St.... Um, can you say, "rockstar?" 
We then made our way over to South Congress. We left our love with these little puppies... 
And then we came across some official SXSW action, graffiti that I'm sure has been the spot of countless photos already, and the best backdrop ever (last shot). 
But no, my friends, the fun did not stop there. Bry (-bear) and I took her out for Amy's ice cream and Mt. Bonnell to watch the sunset. 
And what could have possibly made her stay any better??? 
Why, we are both bakers!! We must bake, by golly! We spent quite a while deciding what to bake, and the winner was... 
a MAGNIFICENT Big Crumb Coffee Cake with Rhubarb. If you've never tried rhubarb, I highly recommend it. 

Becca, I love you and I am so grateful for our friendship!!! 

3 comments:

  1. michelle -- you positively radiate the beauty of God...in your life, your words, and your window into the world...
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw so pretty!! (the pictures AND the subject.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so this was simply a lovely post! Your sense of humor, humility, and joy radiate all over the page. Love it!! :)

    And I have had rhubarb and was so impressed with your rendition of it. I wish I could've sampled the results.

    As far as the photography, I really liked what you did, especially the close ups on her in the green sweater. What lens were you using? And what camera are you using these days?

    Miss you!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete