Sunday, September 19, 2010

full. stuffed. chock-a-block. satisfied.

apparently the above descriptions (thanks to Word synonyms) are adequate for how I feel. I got home on Friday night and was so distracted by a strange feeling of apathy and annoyance, even though I had had an incredible day!

We do a Bible study with Company girls from Suzannes, and they were completely amazing on Friday morning-- I felt that I learned more from them, and the challenges we gave each other were accepted immediately. let's be bolder for Jesus, and recognize Him as our creator of EVERYTHING we have, own, and can do. and more! we decided on a phrase-- "Praise God." with congratulations, with thanksgiving, with mourning, with gladness, and with struggles-- praise God.

I then went home, worked, and had an amazing brother/sister lunch date with Ryan (who, by the way, is the best brother in the world-- and I will take you on with that statement). my "bud" is all grown up and in college! so weird. yet sooooooooo good. we laughed so hard at Jason's Deli, enjoying some yummy food and great conversation.

I then made my way over to Becca-bear's house. why, you ask?! because the Fightin'Texas Aggie class of 2011 got their rings!! i was so excited to follow around Becca and Lindsey as they got their rings! it was so wonderful to finally meet their families and enjoy good fellowship.

 i then headed from dinner to first Barnes & Noble and then Half Price Bookstore, to begin a project that will remain super secret :)

and i arrive home in a sour mood. why? how is that possible after such a fun day? because satan doesn't like for Jesus to bless people, and he doesn't like for us to move and work for God. thats why. whereas my thoughts were joyful in one moment, the next i couldn't get out of a slump. Megan the marvelous roomie  saw it, and then recapping through my day brought back happiness from God that I had temporarily forgotten about.

...so why write all this down? to remind you--- you are not alone! God loves to bless you. He longs to bless you. He loves to treat us with His grace and mercy, and He loves for us to move and work for Him. but be aware-- for whenever you do anything for God, i can guarantee that darkness is just around the corner, waiting to tear down your work. BUT---

God always wins. He already has! dwell. seek. study. listen. speak to God. God hears you! He will make your heart so full, stuffed, chock-a-block, and satisfied in Him and Him alone.

1 comment:

  1. Your heart is so beautiful my friend :) Praise God! He makes broken things like human hearts whole and lovely and pure and worshipful all for His amazing glory and honor. His fingerprints are all over your sweet heart because I know something so beautiful could only come from our loving God! I love you!
    p.s. can I know what your super secret book project is? :)

    ReplyDelete