Thursday, August 26, 2010

Orange sun, sweet cinnamon roll, happy chai tea

I've been really wanting to go outside and shoot with my camera for quite a while, and of course every time I've had time has been in the super hot heat of the day! So this morning, at 7:15, I went to Wolf Pen Creek and Mugwallz and had some fun! Of course, there was a catch-- I was following a challenge set out by a great photographer: turning off the review screen. Basically what that means is that when you shoot in manual, all of your settings have to be pretty spot on in able to get a correctly exposed shot. Normally when I shoot I take a test shot when the situation and lighting changes, and then I can tweak my settings. But not this time! It was just such a learning experience :) Yeah for challenges! And no post-editing was involved. Here are some of the shots that came out....



What a great start to the day! I then sat down to a wonderful chai tea latte and worked through some wedding plans with two amazing women :) Now off to do some photo editing. Have a splendid day!

1 comment: